Flex is a printing technique where the design is cut from a colored foil and then pressed onto the shirt under high heat.
Some flex printing features are:
The printed colors have a slight shine to them and contrast extremely well with fabric.
Longevity and durability
Tests have shown that the form and color of the flex print barely change after 100 washes. It is made of a flexible and resilient material – even thin lines do not break.
What is writable flex?
This is a special type of flex which can be written on with a special marker (which is shipped with the product.) Otherwise, writable flex has the same characteristics as normal flex.
How do I get the best results with flex?
- With text – due to the vibrant colors and the precise edges, the text appears extremely sharp.
- With small and delicate designs, e.g. logos.
- On stretchy apparel
What should I be aware of when using flex?
- The design must be uploaded as a vector graphic.
- Maximum of 3 colors per design.
- Especially large designs are not as comfortable to wear, as the flex foil reduces the breathability of the printed apparel.
- Especially large designs may crease after a few washes (we recommend ironing the shirts inside-out).